Sunday

Chicken Soup

One of Desmond's gifts to me on my birthday last week was a crock pot.

Pause for birthday gifts from Des:

-Two pairs of glasses
--I'd picked up both pairs at Target and decided not to buy them a few weeks ago. He went back to Target the next day and bought them for me.

-Huuuge full length mirror
--Jaz & I pose in it ev-ery-day!

-Dinner at my favorite steakhouse
--Of course I chose an 18 oz ribeye, medium rare! ;-)

-Crock pot
--Same one I ooh'd and ahh'd over at Target!

-Lunch at Tokyohana yesterday
--It was a post birthday lunch for me and a pre birthday lunch for Jaz. Our birthdays are a week apart. I've included the pic I snapped when she realized we were hitting up her favorite Japanese hibachi grill.

My boyfriend is pretty awesome.

Anyway, I'd been talking about needing to budget for one and lo and behold....I looooove it! So pretty. Using it for the first time today to make chicken soup.

Ingredients:

6  chicken drumsticks
2 carrots, chopped
3 green onions stalks, chopped
5 petite potatoes, quartered
Handful of cabbage, chopped
Big can of chicken stock

Directions:

Boiled drumsticks for 15 minutes on the stove.

Poured the whole can of chicken stock in the crock pot and turned it on high.

Chopped and threw in veggies and potatoes.

Added chicken.

Currently cooking now. Hopefully it'll be ready in the next few hours. I don't remember what time I started cooking it. I wrote down ingredients and directions just in case this actually tastes good. Will update and give the results. I'm bad at not following recipes or directions. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment